CHI Health has an immediate opportunity for a Sonographer. We are currently offering additional benefits for our Sonographer.
Location: CUMC Bergan Women's Clinic
We want you to be confident in your choice to join our CHI Health – Physician Enterprise as a Sonographer. It’s important that you enjoy working with all patient populations and understanding your role's administrative and clinical accountabilities. You must be comfortable leveraging technology, thorough inpatient care coordination, and self-assured in your clinical knowledge and abilities.
You are open to learning new skills and appreciate perspectives differing from your own. You have genuine compassion for your patients’ well-being and understand you play a role in helping patients feel at ease in the physician’s office. You also have the patience to explain the provider’s instructions to patients when they have questions or confusion about their care.
CHI Health strives to care for you the way you care for your patients.
We understand you have personal responsibilities outside of your profession and also care about your well-being.
With you in mind, we offer the following benefits to support your work/life balance:
CHI Health, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, includes 150+ clinics delivering quality care to patients across Nebraska and southeast Iowa. Our full-service network provides a variety of Primary Care & Priority Care Services, including Family, Internal, Geriatric, and Pediatric Medicine, in addition to several specialties to deliver custom care based on the unique needs of our patients.
Job Summary / Job Purpose
The Sonographer is responsible for performing obstetrical and gynecologic ultrasound examinations at a
technical level in accordance with department protocols and applicable regulatory requirements. Will
assume responsibility for the safe, efficient and proper operation of the ultrasound equipment.
* Produce high quality ultrasound images and obtain appropriate measurements for each exam.
* Recognize the sonographic appearance of normal and abnormal tissue structures and provide the best image quality for documentation.
* Document all applicable patient and procedure data consistently and correctly.
* Obtain and evaluate pertinent patient history and physical findings that may affect the sonographic examination.
* Explain procedures adequately to patients to maximize patient comfort and cooperation.
* Appropriate monitoring during all phases of procedure with special care taken to insure patient emotional and physical well-being.
* Communicate patient information in a professional and courteous manner to patients and to referring physician offices as required.
* Maintain the ultrasound equipment for cleanliness and ensure proper equipment maintenance and equipment safety.
* Calibrate and maintain equipment and order supplies when needed.
* Schedule and coordinate tests.
* Prepare and maintain operational logs.
* Assist with Quality Assurance/Improvements audits and activities as required.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
* Graduate of an accredited school of Diagnostic Sonography program required.
* American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) certification required.
Experience (required and preferred):
* 2 years related experience required.
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.