CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
Provides nursing care according to the nursing process, including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementing and evaluating. Implements appropriate nursing care interventions. Administers medications and treatments in accordance with physician orders and established nursing policies and procedures. Care provided is based on defined standards of patient care and nursing evidence-based practice.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assumes responsibility for acquiring knowledge and skills necessary for patient care in the identified practice setting.
2. Performs assessment and analyzes patient problems and conditions using critical decisioning to determine need for standard, urgent or emergent interventions.
3. Implements and/or modifies plan of care using assessment data, standards of care and evidence based practice inclusive of nursing care coordination, appropriate patient and family education, and discharge planning. Facilitates interdisciplinary partnership in patient care.
4. Integrates ethical provisions in nursing practice and delivers care in a manner that preserves and protects patient autonomy, dignity and rights.
5. Administers medications, IV therapy, and treatments in compliance with policies and procedures.
6. Evaluates progress towards attainment of desired patient outcomes.
7. Demonstrates effective on-going observations and reassessment of patient/family and their response to the interventions and changes in condition.
8. Documents assessments and interventions in accordance with hospital policy and standards of care.
9. Utilizes resources appropriately and follows facility guidelines for documentation and charging of medical supplies and equipment.
10. Assigns or delegates tasks to designated support personnel based on needs and conditions of the patient, complexity of the task, predictability of the outcome and facility policy.
11. Collaborates with new employees and peers to support orientation, training and development opportunities. Supports the profession of nursing through support for nursing student clinical activities, as appropriate.
12. Other duties as assigned by management.
Required Licensure and Certification
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
CHI Saint Joseph Health is seeking dedicated employees to join our teams! Help us make a difference in peoples’ lives.
To learn more about this role and our CALL TO SERVE, please contact Casey at JonathanJones@sjhlex.org.
related skills: icu, critical care, intensive care unit, MICU, medical ICU, surgical ICU, SICU, trauma ICU, TICU, NICU, high acuity, invasive surgical care, trauma, organ failure, planning, monitoring, central line, medication management, collaboration, physician relations, compassion, patient education, caregiver education, problem solving, fast pace environment, assessment, neuro, vent facilitation, direct patient care, cardiac arrhythmia, arterial line, central line, sheath removal (a/v), automatic internal cardioverter defib (aicd), basic 12-lead ekg, cardiac arrest, abdominal aortic aneurysm, acute myocardial infarction, angina, cardiogenic/hypovolemic shock, chf, heart transplant, pre-/post-ptca, mast suit rotating tourniquet, thrombolytic therapy, defibrillation / cardioversion, ventricular assist device (rvad/lvad), hemodynamic monitoring interpretation, intra-aortic balloon pump (iabp), cardizem, problem solving, neuro, neurology, , heparin, isuprel morphine, pacemakers, pain management, burn patients, iv insertion, iv therapy, kentuckyrn
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.