Francsican Medical Group is currently seeking a full time Supervisor, Clinic Nurse, RN for our Franciscan Medical Clinic in Lakewood, WA. This position will work along side clinical support staff and providers in 2 primary care clinics. No nights, weekends or organizationally recognized holidays required.
Responsible for planning, assigning, coordinating and controlling nursing care within scope of licensure and services for patients. Act as a clinic leader to ensure the mission and goals of the organization are met.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordinate with the Clinic Manager, Medical Director and other staff to set appropriate goals for the clinic. Communicate clinic goals to employees and ensure that they have the tools and means necessary to achieve them.
- Coordinate nursing operations and activities to ensure efficient and quality service; ensure compliance with regulations and clinic standards of quality patient care and patient confidentiality. Ensure that Infection Control/Exposure Plans are understood and followed by staff. Evaluate patient care needs within scope of licensure. Suggest solutions to patient care crisis problems and complaints.
- Obtain and record vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, drug allergies, current medications and presenting problem. Anticipates the needs of the patient and the practitioner during the exam. Ensure patient privacy and comfort during the exam; instruct patients in the collection of samples and other tests.
- Administer ordered medications via oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular or intradermal routes. Start intravenous lines and administer intravenous fluids with appropriate certification. Under supervision of the practitioner, inform patients of lab results, call in prescriptions to pharmacies and return practitioners’ phone messages. Documents all procedures and interactions in patient’s medical record. Assist with diagnostic tests and procedures to appropriate level of training and established procedures
- Supervises all aspects of employee management including selection, orientation, training and staffing of the nursing staff; ensures the effective development and implementation of HR policies and procedures. Coordination of nursing activities with practitioners. Prepare clinical staff schedules. Monitor, edit and sign off on staff timecards each pay period.
- Conduct employee performance appraisals for supervised staff, setting individual goals and follow-up as outlined in policies and procedures.
- Review departmental supply requisitions, oversee records and reports. Track and analyze nurse staff expenses. Prepare, recommend, and monitor departmental budget, goals, and objectives taking into consideration input from clinic staff.
- Participate in required meetings and professional development activities and maintain professional affiliations. Attend conferences and workshops. Required membership on the Clinic’s Disaster Recovery Team
Other: Performs related duties as required.