Performs general clerical, cash handling and customer service duties in support of the day-to-day operations of the assigned pharmacy. Work includes (but is not limited to) activities such as: cashiering, stocking, delivery, and answering phones, typing prescription labels, filing, entering patient demographics information and daily STATS into a computer system, and pricing.
Incumbents may prepackage and labels drugs for subsequent use in prescription dispensing operations and count and pour for individual prescriptions.
The work involves the exercise of strong customer service/communication skills. Incumbents are also accountable for maintaining their knowledge of internal policies and procedures, and assisting with the on-boarding of peers.
- Performs cash register operation and cash handling.
- Assists customers/patients with incoming prescriptions at the counter.
- Assists with inventory control and replenishment, pharmaceutical returns, return-to-stock, and product rotation.
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness of all department work and storage areas, department conference room, intra-departmental break areas on a regular basis.
- Assists in medication packaging in accordance with the Board of Pharmacy regulations.
- Performs routine clerical/operations support.