· Obtains, evaluates and synthesizes pertinent clinical data, to facilitate external beam treatment planning. This includes but is not limited to creating virtual and/or 3D simulations and the generation of radiation dose distributions. Follows physician directives including revisions in order to achieve the intended outcome for patients in their course of treatment.
· Calculates the treatment unit setting and doses to various points of interest evaluating all variables.
· Assists physician and/or medical physicist when needed during brachytherapy planning and delivery.
· Oversees and assists in the design and fabrications of individualized immobilization, custom blocks, and other beam modifying devices as prescribes.
· Accurately documents parameters associated with the radiation therapy process.
· Communicates with other members of the healthcare team to ensure therapeutic quality and safety. Notifies the appropriate team members of changes in procedures.
· Participates in weekly chart rounds to ensure that treatment does not exceed prescribed dose or normal tissue tolerance.
· Participates in training of users of the treatment planning system.
· Maintains established hospital and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, performance improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
· Provides age specific knowledge and skills where applicable according to CHI St. Vincent personnel policies. Ability to work effectively with various cultures and ethnic groups.
Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Graduate of an approved hospital or university dosimetry program or currently has medical dosimetry certification
Graduation from an accredited program in Radiation Therapy Technology or has Radiation Therapy Technology Certification
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) (T) required
Current licensure as a Radiologic Technologist in Arkansas required
Medical Dosimetry Certification
Current healthcare provider BLS CPR certification
One - three years experience in Radiation Therapy Dosimetry
One year of directly related work experience that demonstrates attainment of the requisite job knowledge skills/abilities preferred
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.