CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
Member of the health care team who works under direct supervision of an RN and Performs tasks that
optimizes patient safety. The PCC Responsible for observing the patient, assisting with activities of daily living,
and reporting observations to the RN. Provides assistance in transporting, transferring, and lifting. One PCC
may be assigned to monitor two (2. patients in a semi-private room.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Must maintain visible contact with the patient at all times
2. Assists in providing personal hygiene and physical care needs
3. Accurately measures oral intake and urine output and reports to unit staff for recording
4. Assists with patient ambulation. Promptly attends to all patient requests. Assists patient with meals. Observes the client for general physical, emotional, and mental conditions and reports all changes in condition
5. Maintains a clean and safe environment. Provide diversional activities as appropriate. Adheres to patient rights, HIPPA and patient confidentiality
6. Demonstrates commitment to the goals and values of the patient and hospital by responding promptly to patient needs, keeping patient environment clean and tidy, performing comfort measures and reporting to RN any change in patient condition, complaints of pain
7. Maintains a neat, safe and orderly work area, keeps patient room clear of obstructions, reports safety issues and broken equipment appropriately, and adheres to patient safety precautions
8. Demonstrates a commitment to personal growth and development by completing annual mandatory in-services, attending unit-based in-services and monthly departmental meetings.
9. Communicates with patient, patient’s family and unit personnel in an accurate, courteous and professional manner
Required Licensure and Certifications
*High School Diploma/GED
*Completion of Patient Care Companion Program
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.