CHI Memorial Hospital, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, is once again the only hospital in the Chattanooga area to be named a Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be the regional referral center of choice providing health care throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia.
Important Note: Nicotine is part of our pre-employment drug screen
The MRI Technologist performs departmental MRI examinations, assists the radiologist during procedures,
produces high quality images. Serves the following age – specific patient populations: pediatrics, adolescents,
adults and geriatrics
1. Uses two patient identifiers
2. Compares doctor’s order to requisition for accuracy
3. Assesses patient for possible artifacts and takes appropriate action to prevent interference with image
4. Routinely demonstrates the ability to prioritize workload.
5. Coordinates multiple exams into the proper sequence to ensure no conflicts of exams.
6. Assesses the doctor’s order and the patient’s diagnosis to determine optimal images.
7. Assesses patient’s condition, comfort, and safety during procedures.
8. Observes and reports to physician any change in patient’s condition during the procedure.
9. Communicates accurate patient information in a timely manner to peers, physicians, and other
10. Uses all diagnostic, computer, and communication equipment within safe limits.
11. Other duties as assigned by management.
High School graduate or equivalent
Graduate of an accredited Radiology program
Registered in Radiology and/or MR
All diagnostic imaging approved instrumentation, computers and communication equipment
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.