Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That’s what you’ll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You’ll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we’ll create healthier, stronger communities. Imagine your career at Catholic Health Initiatives!
Telemetry Nurses provide care by connecting patients to machines that measure heart rate, blood pressure, breathing rate, as well as blood-oxygen levels and electrocardiogram information. elemetry Nurses read and interpret the data to better determine patient care.
· Studying patients' medical history, test results, and treatment plans.
· Tracking routine heart rate, blood pressure, and pulse oximetry measurements.
· Monitoring, interpreting, and recording data from specialized medical technologies and equipment.
· Administering medication and performing treatment interventions in consultation with healthcare specialists.
· Maintaining and updating ward charts, patient files, and medical records.
· Instructing Telemetry Unit staff on patient care and treatment plans.
· Collaborating with healthcare specialists and reporting changes and deteriorating conditions.
· Explaining tests results and procedures to patients and their families, as well as answering questions.
· Advising patients on post-hospital care, including prescribed medicine, home care protocols, disease prevention, and lifestyle changes.
We are looking for a responsible and compassionate RN with top-notch clinical skills, a caring attitude, and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. It is also important to display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to effectively educate patients and their families on the in-home healthcare process.
Additional requirements for this role include:
· Current RN license that allows you to practice in our state
· Graduate of an accredited nursing program
· Experience as a Registered Nurse preferred
· Basic Life Support (BLS) required
· Specialty certification (ex: CCRN, CNOR, CEN) preferred
· Additional certification or licensure may be required for some specialty areas
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.