**External Candidates can receive $15,000 Sign-On Bonus and up to $10,000 Educational Assistance
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
**Dual Role-Willing to train in MRI
1. Proper assessment of the patient and their abilities to participate in ordered procedure. Provides a clear explanation of the procedure including; duration, process, and what to expect following completion. Verifies informed consent for and assists physician with interventional procedures; needle localization, aspiration, biopsies, and other invasive procedures. Practices aseptic and sterile techniques as necessary and observes universal precautions. Provides patient education as appropriate.
2. Selection of the proper equipment, setting correct technical factors, procedure protocols and gathers proper supplies prior to performance of the procedure. Recognizes all radiation safety standards including “Image Gently” and “Image Wisely” and MR safety standards. Understands and follows all rules around radiation protection including wearing of lead protection when utilizing fluoroscopy or when there is a possibility of exposure i.e. CT room, performing portable exams etc.
3. Obtains clear and complete history from the patient and or patient record and records that data into patient record to assist in image interpretation and future patient encounters
4. Is able to perform quality assessment of images obtained and is able to evaluate equipment issues and reports assessment to supervisor, manager or director.
5. Ensures all equipment is in working order at the beginning of the day and prior to starting of a procedure. Performs any performance and quality tests on equipment as required including ACR quality requirements. Checks all supplies for outdates prior to use and reports any shortages, variations or failures of equipment to supervisor, manager or director for follow-up. Uses CHI incident reporting system to report any patient injuries or concerns, equipment or supply failures or malfunctions, medication reaction or errors, and visitor or personal injury or exposure.
6. Responsible to participate in and have a good understanding of all department, campus and system quality improvement projects, the ACR accreditation process, Radiation Safety, ALARA, MQSA, and State Regulations as they apply to staffs license or certifications. Be familiar with the requirements of CMS and Joint Commission and be able to speak to all department processes around quality and environment of care.determine diagnosis, treatment, and progress.
-Graduate of a Radiologic Technology program
Licenses & Certifications:
-BLS through American Heart Association required upon hire.
-ARRT Board Certified in Radiology
-Must hold a valid Medical Radiography or General Radiology Technologist Permit to Practice license in Nebraska or Iowa depending on work state.
-ARRT Board Certified in CT within 1 year of hire
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
-Understands methods and is capable of performing venipuncture’s as required for position
-Demonstrated ability to set and maintain multiple priorities in an environment with shifting priorities, while providing accurate deliverables in a timely fashion
-Must be self-motivated, and able to take ownership of projects/assignments
-Must be a team player with excellent follow-up and customer service skills
-Strong interpersonal, verbal, and writing skills
-Interpersonal skills in dealing with guests and team members
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.