1. Performs complete diagnostic imaging tests on patients according to the specific departmental procedure protocols under the direction of the Medical Director. Obtains and documents patient history.
2. Prepares equipment ensuring that equipment is operational, safe and functioning according to diagnostic standards. Performs periodic QA and Ensures requisite documentation.
3. Problem solves equipment failure and contacts appropriate personnel regarding equipment problems.
4. Ensures that daily equipment and room maintenance are performed before/during/ after each procedure, and that special precautions and measures are performed to ensure infection control standards.
5. Completes all quality checks and Ensures that equipment logs are maintained
6.Completes all clinical supply inventories, ensuring that each diagnostic room is complete with the necessary supplies required to perform the procedure
7.Actively Participates with patient testing, performing urgent, emergent patient requests, routine and non-routine requests and OR procedures requiring radiographic support.
8.Demonstrates competency in the PACS process and Performs the daily PACS QA process and requirements.
9.Communications with Nursing, Physicians, Patient Care Assistants, Laboratory staff, administrative staff, other diagnostic areas and departments to ensure that the patients receive their diagnostic procedures in a smooth, efficient and safe manner.
10.Performs portable examinations when applicable at the bedside to ensure patient safety as well as provide immediate diagnostic testing when needed.
11. Assists with patient scheduling when required liaising with other departments as needed.
12. Ensures that patient orientation, patient preparation (including starting IV’s and drawing labs as necessary), and patient teaching is provided prior, during and following the test completion.
13. Reviews the physician order to verify the type of diagnostic exam requested and that the indication for the procedure is consistent.
14. Completes exams in RIS system for accurate billing. Communicates when corrections are needed.
15. Provides specific diagnostic test information to the patient ensuring that the patient is aware of the test involvement.
16.Obtains assistance with any diagnostic procedures which are not completed, or if there are any patient care issues.