CHI Cook / Diet Aide ~ Mercy Health Valley City ND ~ Your time at work should be Fulfilling, Rewarding & Inspiring. That’s what you’ll enjoy when you join CHI Mercy Health. You’ll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much passion for caring as you. Join us and together we’ll create healthier, stronger communities. Imagine your career at Catholic Health Initiatives!
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Provides nutritional needs of patients by maintaining diet records, setting up patient's trays, and performing related food service duties.
1. Collects diet changes from nursing stations and makes necessary changes to diet records for kitchen use. Answers telephone calls regarding new patients and diet changes.
2. Sets up cafeteria by filling ice bins, displaying cold foods, checking supplies, etc.
3. Prepares trays for distribution to patients by gathering necessary supplies, placing cold food, condiments and silverware on trays, calls for hot food by diet and checks trays to ensure proper diet items have been placed on them. Delivers food trays to the floors.
4. Performs a variety of related food service duties such as cleaning work area, washing pots and pans, lining trays, assisting in the dish washing room, and assisting in the cafeteria.
5. Contributes to a reverent environment by (a) treating patients and staff with dignity, and (b) creating a workplace that promotes employee participation and ensures safety and wellbeing.
6. Consistently demonstrates integrity by (a) arriving to work on time and displaying a positive attitude toward others and assignments, (b) demonstrating teamwork and mentoring of others, and (c) exercising good faith and honesty in all dealings and transactions.
Training and Experience: Completion of or equivalent to four years of high school and one year of experience as a diet aide in a hospital, institution or restaurant.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Working knowledge of principles, practices, and techniques of preparing and serving food. Ability to communicate effectively and to work in close cooperation with others.
Licenses, Registrations and Certificates: None required.
Working Conditions: Works in a clean, well-lighted, well-ventilated area. Subject to cold and hot temperatures in food storage and production areas.
Protective Equipment: The use of gloves, safety glasses, and protective apron (where needed) are required.
Physical Requirements: Substantial walking, standing, and occasional lifting required. Pre-employment screening with Mercy Hospital’s Physical Therapy department at time of hire.
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.