Mercy College of Health Sciences is a Catholic institution of higher education, rooted in the heritage of the Sisters of Mercy, guided by our core values of knowledge, reverence, integrity, compassion, and excellence.
• Provides teaching, supervision and evaluation of student clinical learning experiences.
• Provides individual advisement and guidance for intellectual and professional development of students.
• Collaborates with faculty to provide optimum learning opportunities for students.
Bachelor’ of Science of Nursing and;
• Minimum of 3 years’ consecutive experience in a specific field of nursing as needed by Mercy College at the time of hire;
• Most recent 18 months of experience must be in the role of a bedside nurse, in acute care,
home health or community health setting, and/or active role in patient care in acute care, home health or community health setting.
• Note: Active role is defined as a role directly overseeing others who have responsibilities as a bedside nurse
• Two years’ experience in a clinical environment.
• Current and valid Iowa RN licensure.
• Demonstrated ability in managing, leading or training others.
• Demonstrated ability to utilize appropriate, varied and innovative classroom/clinical/field teaching strategies.
• Must commit to working 16 hours/week per academic year.
It is Mercy College of Health Sciences’ policy to conduct all academic programs and business activities in a manner that is free from unlawful discrimination and to provide equal opportunity for and equal treatment of students and employees regardless of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion/creed, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability or status as a U. S. veteran or any other factor protected by law. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies may be directed to the Vice President, Enrollment Management and Student Affairs or the Human Resources’ Business Partner at 515.643.3180, 928 6th Avenue, Des Moines, Iowa 50309, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.