Mercy College of Health Sciences is a Catholic institution of higher education rooted in the heritage of the Sisters of Mercy guided by our core values of knowledge reverence integrity compassion and excellence.
To learn more about how Mercy College of Health Sciences hires for the mission, click here.
• Maintains clean and aseptic conditions by vacuuming, scouring, dust mopping, high dusting,
removing trash, washing walls & ceilings.
• Inspects and performs maintenance and minor repairs on systems and equipment. Refers major
issues to the appropriate resource.
• Uses detergents, germicides or other supplies as recommended and follows recommended
• Maintains and upkeeps all cleaning equipment, supplies and products. Ensures safety protocol is
followed when using handling/mixing procedures of cleaning products.
• Assists with the upkeep of the College grounds which may include shoveling, picking up litter and
• Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing schedules or routines.
• Strong attention to detail.
• General knowledge of cleaning products, supplies and equipment.
• Ability to read, write, comprehend and speak English preferred.
It is Mercy College of Health Sciences' policy to conduct all academic programs and business activities in a manner that is free from unlawful discrimination and to provide equal opportunity for and equal treatment of students and employees regardless of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion/creed, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability or status as a U.S. veteran or any other factor protected by law. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies may be directed to the Human Resources at (515) 643-3180, 928 6th Avenue Des Moines, Iowa 50309 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.