1. Provide strategic development of and direction for division internal communications.
2. Collaborate with Division Vice President of Marketing and Communications and Chief Human Resources Officer to determine best approach, timing and plan for communicating leadership messages throughout the enterprise.
3. Develop and implement specific employee and leadership communications that align with the overall strategic plan and enhance CHI’s brand and identity.
4. Lead division wide communications projects in collaboration with HR, IT, Special Projects Office, and other departments that are managing significant change that impacts the internal population.
5. Provides consultation and develops standardized employee and leadership communication resources across the enterprise.
6. Serve as lead communication strategist to leaders within our Living Our Mission Measures, Mission, Vision, and Values on the development of systems and practices to strengthen CHI’s system wide culture and workforce and to increase the effectiveness of communication throughout the system on HR policies, procedures and programs. Supervises the work of internal communication staff across the division, external consultants and resources.
7. Partner with communication leaders nationally to understand unique needs, provide counsel and resource support and assure timely achievement of established objectives.
8. Lead internal stakeholder research to establish baselines and ongoing measurement to track achievements.
9. Lead the development and implementation of communication infrastructure across the division to better achieve organizational strategies and priorities. Provide the framework for employees and leaders to align and engage activities with organizational goals.
10. Provide strategic insight and development of effective distribution channels for system internal communications, including consultation and collaboration on the intranet, internet and social media.
11. Lead the direction, design, implementation and evaluation of the strategic communications programs with market leaders to strengthen the CHI culture.
12. Responsible for editorial direction and content for all print and web-enabled communications with internal constituencies across the division to drive organizational performance
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
Responsible for the design and maintenance of a comprehensive infection prevention program for the division. Provides leadership in epidemiology and risk reduction for patients, staff, visitors and students. Designs, plans, implements and manages the daily operations of the infection prevention/control program in collaboration with the medical director and infection prevention/control committee. Promotes safe work practices and work environments and ensures complete and accurate documentation and statistics are maintained.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates the division-wide planning, documentation, implementation and evaluation of the Infection Prevention Program based on national evidence-based practices and regulatory requirements for the prevention of infection, including but not limited to
- Risk Assessments
- Infection Prevention Plan
- Program evaluation
- Provides consultation to division facilities on matters of Infection Prevention implementation, education, outbreaks, and potential transmission of communicable disease in collaboration with, or in the absence of, the local Infection Preventionist.
- Leads the Infection Prevention team in implementation and standardization of best-practices, including leading committees, providing education, selecting products, and developing policies in the following areas:
- Employee health and safety
- Reduction of Healthcare acquired infections
- Investigation and resolution of outbreaks and communicable disease exposures
- Compliance with accreditory and regulatory standards
- Assists in the orientation and development of, and cooperation between Infection Preventionists.
- Ensures the Infection Prevention data prepared and presented to Infection Preventionists, infection control committees, divisional leaders, and other key stakeholders is complete, accurate, and timely, including clinical staff, staff, including but not limited to:
- Serving as the Subject Matter Expert for Infection Prevention surveillance software
- NHSN and other reporting software
- Division and National reports of quality outcomes
- Collaborates with national, division and facility leaders to implement Infection Prevention best-practices within the division.
- Develops and implements policy, procedure, standards, guidelines or training materials consistent with divisional needs, including maintenance of the Infection Prevention intranet site.
- Keeps divisional quality leaders informed of important Infection Prevention initiatives, deficiencies, and vulnerabilities.
*This position is only open to CHI and Virginia Mason current employees in the Marketing Department*
This is a key Virginia Mason Franciscan Health (VMFH) leadership role with responsibility for providing growth-oriented strategic leadership in building and embedding powerful, differentiated brands that drive growth, innovation, strong customer engagement/loyalty, better business performance and lead to increased awareness, enhanced market leverage, fundraising revenue, relevance and respect among target audiences. In implementing changes for organizational success under new healthcare reform mandates, an incumbent plays a key role in helping VMFH understand competitive dynamics, discover new growth opportunities, create new lines of business and enhance points of competitive differentiation. Work has a strategy-critical focus that includes brand building, volume building, channel management, new models of care and customer engagement that optimize profitability under reform economics and the leveraging of web, social, search and mobile technologies for patient acquisition and retention. An incumbent ensures that marketing resources will be prioritized to strategic planning, business development, growth and financial performance imperatives, and that market intelligence/analysis will inform strategic marketing thinking and planning and provide the basis for an evidence-based approach to marketing investment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
General Strategic Planning Responsibilities/Accountabilities
• Leads strategic planning activities for the organization to include the analysis, negotiation and implementation of plans for growing the base of business and overall market share; continually assesses and refines strategies to best position VMFH for health care reform.
• Coordinates resources, priorities and expertise (two-way) with CommonSpirit Health (CSH) National Strategy division to ensure that VMFH is consistent and supportive of enterprise-wide efforts.
• Advocates effectively as a thought-leader among peers in the healthcare industry; keeps abreast of marketing trends and campaigns inside and outside of the competitive set, and advises on practical applications to achieve franchise/brand marketing strategies and objectives
• Serves as a visible market “influencer”, with regular communications around trends and pertinent issues with hospital and health system leaders; Identifies and coordinates efforts for strategic alliances that will drive new revenue opportunities and enhance the ability of the organization to serve the current and future needs of the division; develops relationships and strategies between industry and partnerships that will lead to high-quality products and services at competitive costs.
• Ensures credible and current access to strategic market intelligence relative to competitors; monitors and analyzes trends in the environment (e.g. local, regional and national) as they specifically impact current and future VMFH strategies.
• Functions as an executive liaison to affiliate hospital leadership, Boards and committees as needed, to communicate national and regional health system goals, strategies and progress as well as integration efforts and opportunities.
• Oversees the ongoing development and execution of marketing strategies and creative campaigns that weave together multiple marketing disciplines (paid advertising, public relations, promotion, mature/social media) that are selected and executed to suit the particular goals of the brand and to leverage each communication channel’s intrinsic strengths to achieve a greater impact combined than individually.
• Keeps abreast of national trends that affect the provision of service, expectations of quality and financial performance.
• Communicates, on a consistent and frequent basis, with senior leadership with respect to progress on major issues affecting VMFH; works with internal customers/stakeholders to prioritize departmental resources among competing demands.
• Develops, implements, monitors and evaluates systems/initiatives/programs to facilitate performance/quality improvements in keeping with established strategic objectives and regulatory requirements; conducts ongoing assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of the assigned function to better understand/identify future needs and challenges; evaluates existing systems/program/priorities and future potential to make recommendations for growth, expansion, new services and solvency of existing services based on market demographics and volume projections; develops and presents comprehensive recommendations regarding the viability of specific systems/projects; plans and directs quality process improvement initiatives/projects to ensure achievement of business objectives.
• Plans, directs and evaluates, through subordinate management, the operations of the assigned strategic planning function to ensure that all activities are conducted in a timely and cost-effective manner and in compliance with organizational values, professional standards, internal policies/standards/procedures and applicable regulatory requirements; anticipates and recognizes the evolving factors that affect current/future needs and develops (or directs the development of) plans/programs/projects to respond thereto.
• Identifies the best-fit marketing organization structure and resources appropriate for the organization’s maturity/size and strategic objectives; plans, directs and evaluates, through subordinate management, daily operations to ensure that all activities are conducted in a timely and cost-effective manner and in compliance with organizational values, professional standards, internal policies/standards/procedures, and applicable regulatory requirements.
• Leads ongoing management planning activities across multiple dimensions to determine which lines of business, clinical programs, market expansion initiatives and customer segments offer the best opportunity for growth, profitability and competitive advantage and the marketing strategies/tactics and infrastructure investments necessary to deliver expected results.
• Oversees the development of formal strategic/tactical plans, to include both short- and long-term business planning, and presents and gains organizational commitment and support for plan objectives; identifies opportunities for new services/program development; drives the development of business plans for new and existing products and services as they relate to the VMFH Strategic plan.
• Drives growth strategy and builds capabilities to develop markets, launch new products, create valued customers and drive innovations in service delivery; analyzes and defines key target customers and approach/plan for each objective to grow revenue and profit efficiently; Develops off-line strategies to drive customers’ organic growth and applies a keen eye for alliances that take advantage of tremendous market growth potential.
• Directs the development of marketing and creative standards, measurements and KPIs to improve effectiveness of marketing investments; ensures the application of effective methodologies for segmentation, competitive analyses/market intelligence, prospecting, lead generation, product and market development, pricing, promotions, communications and budgets, strategic planning, service units and revenue retention and growth.
• Effectively increases awareness (aided and un-aided), differentiation, consideration and preference for organization’s brands and branded properties in order to deliver potential consumer traffic and conversion; ensures that branding strategies are focused on growth, revenue, profitability, market leverage, staff commitment, customer loyalty and create premium referral, partnering and contracting advantages.
• Provides organizational leadership in mainstreaming social, search and mobile technologies that deliver a positive, consistent brand experience in both virtual and physical environments, engage customers, build commerce and improve business functions in order to deliver substantial and long-lasting benefits; understands that the pace of change and potential shift in investments necessitate prioritizing the ramping-up of digital marketing, web, search, social media and mobile marketing capabilities; proactively promotes and ensures the full optimization of available information technology to achievement of overall business objectives.
• Collaborates cross-functionally (e.g. Operations, Support) to ensure delivery of an unparalleled consumer experience that reflects and communicates the essence of the brand and differentiation from others in the market; proactively partners with the network affiliate entities to develop comprehensive annual brand/marketing plans; facilitates strategic, operational, clinical, physician and market alignment in creating and delivering a meaningful, integrated and durable brand value proposition to deliver superior results.
• Ensures the timely research and availability of relevant market intelligence and related data, including market research, competitor intelligence, trended performance data (e.g. volume growth, revenue, margin ROI, etc.), market projections, industry trends, demographic/segmentation studies and other robust information sources that are critical to informed planning/decision-making with regard to strategy, investments and outcomes; oversees marketing analytical activities to aggregate, integrate, interpret and share information to drive real-time decisions about customer, product, promotion, pricing and channel strategies.
• Creates product roadmap; oversees the development/measurement of key metrics around the business including user acquisition, conversion rates, engagement rates, satisfaction and renewal rates; applies a data-informed approach to gaining organizational commitment to stay on strategy; produces and presents reports on key performance indicators and other significant benchmarking metrics.
• Serves as a passionate steward, advocate and gatekeeper for the VMFH brand equity and the individual property equities; champions definition and refinement of the brand’s positioning and architecture, as derived from a data-based understanding of key VMFH and competitive brand health measures, as well as keen understanding of an increasingly changing competitive environment.
• Keeps abreast of changing regulatory requirements/regulation, professional standards, changing customer demographics and competitive industry practices impacting assigned functions, as well as organizational initiatives/changes with potential to impact current strategies, programs and resources; determines nature/scope of impact on existing activities and determines effective response/solution while maintaining acceptable service levels and work quality.
Staff Management and Development:
• Plans, directs and evaluates the work of subordinate management in accordance with the content, spirit and intent of applicable internal/external regulations and standards for human resource management; ensures adequate staffing levels for appropriate coverage to meet budgetary and operational objectives; ensures that employees are qualified and properly trained to perform assigned job duties; holds regular management meetings and keeps employees appraised of all matters relevant to successful job performance; makes employment decisions, establishes performance standards and evaluates employee performance; educates, guides, counsels and develops management staff and addresses performance management concerns and technical issues elevated by subordinates as beyond their scope of authority.
Resource Management/Budget Administration
• Determines resources needed to accomplish the performance objectives of the assigned function and oversees activities and resources in a manner that is fiscally responsible and in accordance with VMFH policies and standards; ensures the application of effective marketing resource allocation methodologies to match/prioritize resources to those growth/marketing initiatives that have the best potential for improving business performance and positioning the organization for long-term success.
• Exercises effective cost control by monitoring and adjusting expenses as needed to stay within budget; oversees the preparation of complete and accurate financial, budget, activity and productivity information, including variance reports, financial projections and other statistical reports; keeps SVP-Chief Strategy Officer apprised of all issues with potential for budgetary impact.
• Ensures full compliance with internal/external legal and regulatory standards and requirements, and that effective control procedures are in place and fully functioning to preclude improprieties from occurring; monitors the effectiveness of current practices in meeting expectations and producing desired results.
*This position is opened to current CHI and Virginia Mason Employees that are within the Stragety Department*
This is a key Virginia Mason Franciscan Health (VMFH) leadership role with responsibility for strategic network growth/business development through mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and creative partnerships with health systems, hospitals, ambulatory centers and physicians and targeted growth through community outreach. An incumbent develops short-term (1-3 years) strategic business objectives which translate overarching strategy/goals established by senior executive leaders into operating objectives. Work includes leading the organization in choosing key growth initiatives, including evaluating and recommending growth priorities and new product/services offerings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
General Strategic Planning Responsibilities/Accountabilities
- Leads strategic planning activities for the organization to include the analysis, negotiation and implementation of plans for growing the base of business and overall market share; continually assesses and refines strategies to best position VMFH for health care reform.
- Coordinates resources, priorities and expertise (two-way) with CommonSpirit Health National Strategy division to ensure that VMFH is consistent and supportive of enterprise-wide efforts.
- Works with internal customers to prioritize departmental resources among competing demands.
- Communicates on a consistent and frequent basis to senior leadership with respect to progress on major issues affecting VMFH.
- Advocates effectively as a thought-leader among peers in the healthcare industry; serves as a visible market “influencer”, with regular communications around trends and pertinent issues with hospital and health system leaders.
- Identifies and coordinates efforts for strategic alliances that will drive new revenue opportunities and enhance the ability of the organization to serve the current and future needs of the division; develops relationships and strategies between industry and partnerships that will lead to high-quality products and services at competitive costs.
- Ensures credible and current access to strategic market intelligence relative to competitors; monitors and analyzes trends in the environment (e.g. local, regional and national) as they specifically impact current and future VMFH strategies impacting future growth and development.
- Functions as an executive liaison to affiliate hospital leadership, Boards and committees as needed, to communicate national and regional health system goals, strategies and progress as well as integration efforts and opportunities.
- Reviews existing and contemplated cooperative ventures from both a strategic and business perspective; analyses these arrangements and implements the appropriate course of action.
- Keeps abreast of national trends that affect the provision of service, expectations of quality and financial performance.
- Plans, directs and evaluates, through subordinate management, the operations of the assigned strategic planning function to ensure that all activities are conducted in a timely and cost-effective manner and in compliance with organizational values, professional standards, internal policies/standards/procedures and applicable regulatory requirements; anticipates and recognizes the evolving factors that affect current/future needs and develops (or directs the development of) plans/programs/projects to respond thereto.
- Evaluates and recommends priorities for regional strategic network growth through mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and creative partnership(s) with health systems, hospitals, ambulatory centers and physicians; conducts due diligence to assess financial condition, operating systems transaction risks, key talent, historic financial performance and forecasts and synergistic opportunities.
- Leads the organization in choosing key growth initiatives; identifies and evaluates new business opportunities, new products and services, and merger, acquisition or affiliation opportunities; identifies, plans and develops new service offerings; develops proposal terms and model options.
- Develops creative alignment models, structures and strategic affiliations for proposed multi-system joint ventures that would combine resources and realize system-level synergies; incorporates financial analysis concepts into business planning process and leads quantitative discipline throughout the planning process.
- Ensures integrity of, and adequate access to, strategic market place information such as market share, service line market share and out-migration patterns for services; develops primary and secondary research and data collection methodologies to support business growth and development.
- Understands and ensure full optimization of available information technology, industry resources and resources available through the CSH National Strategy Group in order to achieve overall business objectives.
- Works with key leaders and members of the business intelligence team to standardize system-level reporting of organizational metrics.
- Ensures full compliance with internal/external legal and regulatory standards and requirements, and that effective control procedures are in place and fully functioning to preclude improprieties from occurring; monitors the effectiveness of current practices in meeting expectations and producing desired results.
- Keeps abreast of changing regulatory requirements/regulation, clinical/professional standards, changing customer demographics and competitive industry practices impacting assigned functions, as well as organizational initiatives/changes with potential to impact current strategies, programs and resources; determines nature/scope of impact on existing activities and determines effective response/solution while maintaining acceptable service levels and work quality.
Staff Management and Development
- Plans, directs and evaluates the work of subordinate management in accordance with the content, spirit and intent of applicable internal/external regulations and standards for human resource management; ensures adequate staffing levels for appropriate coverage to meet budgetary and operational objectives; ensures that employees are qualified and properly trained to perform assigned job duties; holds regular management meetings and keeps employees appraised of all matters relevant to successful job performance; makes employment decisions, establishes performance standards and evaluates employee performance; educates, guides, counsels and develops management staff and addresses performance management concerns and technical issues elevated by subordinates as beyond their scope of authority.
Resource Management/Budget Administration
- Determines resources needed to accomplish the performance objectives of the assigned function and oversees activities and resources in a manner that is fiscally responsible and in accordance with VMFH policies and standards; identifies, aligns and optimizes resources to positively impact organizational strategies towards achievement of goals.
- Exercises effective cost control by monitoring and adjusting expenses as needed to stay within budget; oversees the preparation of complete and accurate financial, budget, activity and productivity information, including variance reports, financial projections and other statistical reports; keeps SVP-Chief Strategy Officer apprised of all issues with potential for budgetary impact.
Short- and Long-Term Planning
- Anticipates and recognizes the evolving factors that affect current/future growth/development activities and applies to the interpretation/implementation of strategic objectives determined by senior executive management; leads the development of initiatives/programs/projects to respond/foster/support future growth and address matter such as: provision of new services, standardization of policies/practices across the organization, increasing market share, maximizing revenues, cross-selling services, improving efficacy/cost-effectiveness of services provided, and others of similar complexity and consequence; directs the development of formal business/tactical plans, with full accountability for achievement of plan objectives; presents and gains support for recommendations and directs project management efforts to develop/implement planning objectives.
What We Have To Offer:
- Opportunity to partner in close collaborate with organizational leadership, physicians/providers and other division department and services lines for management services for our Care Management functions across multiple hospital sites in the Pacific Northwest
- Faith-based culture with commitment to our Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence where we value positive team players
- Competitive wages, incentives and a generous employee benefits program
About This Position:
The Division Director for Care Management is responsible for planning, directing and evaluating the full scope of care management/coordination services (e.g. care management, care coordination, denial management, transition care, discharge planning, etc.). This role also provides strategic leadership in assessing, designing, developing and implementing programs and initiatives to form a comprehensive and cohesive model that provides access to care across of the continuum of health care services, achieves financial performance targets under risk-based payment models, and demonstrates superior clinical outcomes, performance and services levels.
The position also focuses on addressing/alleviating current gaps in care management programs/resources/services in the community, maximizing effective utilization of resources, ensuring that post-acute work is appropriately executed, enhancing overall patient outcomes/service satisfaction of all identified customer groups and generating a competitive advantage for the organization.
- Assists with developing and managing the operations/capital budgets for the department
- Develops, implements and executes quality improvement initiatives to enhance/streamline current procedures/processes and take advantage of system-wide synergies
- Oversees the centralized policies, standards, practice and education applicable to all PNW-division social workers and care managers and ensuring that overall objectives relating to consistency of standards and customer service are achieved
- Establishes effective mechanisms to support medical/social management related to utilization of resources across the care continuum
- Serves on a command center and virtual health steering committees
- Supervises subordinate site-based management staff.
The primary focus of the System Director Operations Medical Group will be to support the infrastructure of MercyOne Medical Group. This role works closely partners with MercyOne Medical Group executive management in each market to ensure strategic direction of the market, and facilitate outstanding quality, achieving all key performance outcomes including patient satisfaction of our members and support MercyOne’s achieving its vision of "set the standard for personalized and radically convenient system of health services
- Responsible for all medical group business operations throughout MercyOne.
- Broad leadership responsibilities for business development and strategic growth of the assigned division, operations, personnel management, budget development, and fiscal management.
- Ensures thorough direction and coordination of activities, market specific goals and objectives related to the strategic plan are developed, translated, and/or prioritized according to the overall priority strategic aims and implemented and evaluated on an ongoing basis.
- Drives consistent, system-wide service line approach across all facilities in conjunction with processes and standards set by the MercyOne leadership.
- Oversees system projects and fosters involvement of all constituents in rapid process improvements.
- Assists the MercyOne leadership in developing and implementing operations plans that align with the strategic plan.
- Analyzes and recommends changes in organizational systems, policies and procedures and ensures their implementation.
- Works collaboratively with the management team and physician leadership, serving as a resource to help reduce costs, enhance revenues, achieve effective utilization and meet quality goals and objectives.
- Effectively analyzes and utilizes information to develop and support management decisions.
- Assists in the development, negotiation, execution, and monitoring of vendor and service contracts.
- Creates and encourages a positive team-oriented work environment within and across practice sites.
- Works with the physician leadership, management staff, and other members of the team to resolve conflict.
- Maintains compliance with regulatory, contractual, and accreditation requirements.
- Participates in provider recruitment and retention and assists in the viability and appropriateness of accumulating additional practices to the Medical Group.
- Participates in development of Medical Group strategies and presentations to the Medical Group Governance Council, and executive leadership groups.
- Supports workflow integration within MercyOne Medical Group.
- As a MercyOne Leader, the incumbent is expected to demonstrate leadership traits which support our Mission Statement and Core Values as identified below:
- Performs related duties as required and assigned.
Director Payer Strategy
Chosen person must be located in California.
The Director, Payer Strategy and Relationships (PSR), is responsible for managed care policies, goals and objectives related to contract language and reimbursement, negotiation strategy, and payer relationships. The Director collects and communicates Division-level insight and strategic knowledge to/from the PSR National Payer teams, the PSR Growth & Innovation team, and other key departments across the enterprise. This position is essential to CommonSpirit Health’s financial performance, and has significant impact on the long-term strategic trajectory of the organization. This position secures optimal fee for service and value-based reimbursement, protects the interests of the owned and/or affiliated hospitals/ancillaries/professional provider entities in contract negotiations, and strengthens CommonSpirit Health’s relationships with payers.
Essential Key Job Responsibilites:
- Lead the planning, negotiation and implementation of all Blue Shield of CA contracts with CommonSpirit Health
- Act as the main communication lead for all items related to Blue Shield of CA’s relationship with CommonSpirit Health
- Manage day to day contract questions, assist in revenue cycle queries and annual rate loads to ensure accuracy.
- Work with each CA division to develop goals for Blue Shield of CA renewal and monitor new product roll outs and strategy planning.
- Work collaboratively with the Population Health, Division leadership and IPAs ensure Accountable Care contractual obligations are met.
- Participates in the development of Division strategy, relationships, and contracts with local and national payers to further drive a clear and effective negotiation strategy, reimbursement structure, contract renewal planning process, and contract implementation.
- Budgeted and forecasted performance and growth requirements as set forth by national and Division senior leaders are integral to these processes.
- Gathers information and guidance from Division PSR VP, ministry leaders, internal stakeholders, and financial analysis relative to the strategic, operational, financial needs and expectations of the Division related to the National Payers; proactively communicates with the PSR National Payer teams.
- Establishes, builds, and maintains positive, strategic interactions and relationships with payers, employers, providers, and leaders across the ministry. Maintains relationships with National Payer contacts with offices in the Division. This includes maintaining appropriate Center of Excellence (COE) Designations.
- In collaboration with Division Leadership and other PS&R Leadership, develops and executes communication plans and Payer Negotiation Outlines related to payer relationships, negotiations, organizational contractual obligations, and developments in the managed care marketplace including Fee For Service and Value-Based Agreements in support of CommonSpirit Health’s Healthier Communities strategy.
- Makes independent decisions and/or exercises judgment based upon appropriate information and objectives. Comprehends and maintains highly detailed information. Accepts and carries out responsibility for direction, control, and planning.
- Stays current with emerging payer trends, new reimbursement methodologies, state specific regulatory issues, plan benefits, payer activity, products and delivery channels including health insurance exchanges, market competition, etc.
- Supports the strategic objectives of CommonSpirit Health’s IDNs, population health, and care management initiatives through directly engaging local payers and employer customers, including CSH employee health benefits.
- Participates in and contributes to CommonSpirit Health’s PSR knowledge base through sharing best practices, developing contract performance goals, key metrics, new analytical tools, network development, reimbursement and language guidelines, revenue realization, and other applicable work streams.
- Participates in the dispute resolution and denials processes with local payers if the materiality exceeds $1M. Participates in joint operating committees and denial committees for Division.
- Leads and organizes sub-projects necessary to support local and national payer negotiations and growth
Managed Care, Value based, payer, negotiate, negotiations, healthcare,
This is a vital role in CHI's Physician Enterprise! This position contributes to the mission and vision of the Physician Enterprise (PE) by providing direction to and supporting the physicians and advanced practice providers. The primary responsibilities of this position are to facilitate a culture of collegiality and provide resources and support to PE providers to ensure we remain the organization of choice to practice medicine. This individual will ensure valuable information critical to the success of our business is being shared and executed through the appropriate communications channels. The position will represent the PE within the organization as well as in the community and must serve as a role model for the promotion of positive, ethical and moral principles consistent with the Mission, Vision and Values of CommonSpirit.
- Leads organizational efforts around growth through the development of new ventures and works with others to design the necessary legal and corporate infrastructure to support the expansion of core business activities
- Develops, executes and directs provider recruitment, integration and engagement strategies to support CHCs Strategic Plan goals, service line strategies and overall network development goals
- Establishes a strategic plan review and challenge process, ensuring facility senior teams present and support targeted actions to achieve desired results around each of the key business drivers. In collaboration with the PE Finance team, support the capital funding process for large-scale projects and the purchase of capital equipment.
- Establishes and coordinates a process for ensuring facility accountability and communication around progress made on strategic initiatives; facilities support and collaboration from Division and Corporate resources to ensure successful execution of facility strategic business plan including oversight of the evaluation recommendation of improvements to PE facilities including construction renovation of structures and/or purchases of new equipment and information systems.
- Provides leadership and oversight for the integration of the delivery of health services in an integrated fashion through the management of clinic transition. Operations may include HR, finance, budgeting, purchasing, legal & risk management, property management, customer service, billing information systems and central office functions
- Works collaboratively with clinical and non-clinical stakeholders on local and system wide implementations to ensure achievement of hospital and CHI National goals.
- Functions as a liaison between end-users of contracted supply items, clinical or non-clinical, and supply chain members.
- Leads cost reduction strategies with the critical supply areas that engage physicians, clinicians, and administration.
- Collaborates with nurses and physicians and other hospital departments as needed.
- Reviews departmental need for supplies, advances in technology, and input from physicians and other clinical staff.
- Performs quality improvement, analytical, and implementation of new products and services.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing and be able to articulate the opportunities and challenges involved in supply acquisition, introduction, and implementation
- Responsible for escalating communications to the national team surrounding issues raised by local end users
- Directly supervise (local/market) Clinical Resource Managers
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans/develops/implements/upgrades/maintains/evaluates health IT solutions. Provides leadership in implementing plan to maintain and revise components of informatics programs, create opportunities for professional development and implement special projects, training programs, etc.
- Manages a team of informaticists according to established plan for optimizing user experience and adoption of workflow in the facility and region. Assists unit managers and directors in successful readiness activities for new technology. Working with professional education, organizes educational training programs to insure the proficiency within clinical service areas, applications are utilized for maximum efficiency, and users are informed of new updates and revisions.
- Chairs the local facility clinical user group. Collects, coordinates, and manages user issues, and expectations around development, functionality and outcomes. Solicits feedback on development, functionality, upgrades, planned downtime, and application and device performance. Provides direction to clinical informatics staff on the gathering and analysis of data to determine ROI
- Provides expertise as a change agent and project management expert for new innovation. Uses change management strategies throughout the planning and implementation process to ensure success. Provides leadership to managers and directors during the introduction of new technology and achievement of the desired goals. Responsible for required internal and external communication to meet daily operations and objectives of the department.
- Provides oversight for all 340B Programs and program components for the division(s), in collaboration with representatives from pharmacy, legal, compliance, finance, and division administration:
- Implements processes, policies, procedures and technology to effectively transition the CHI 340B Program to a proactive, integrated successful program
- Works to continually improve the program quality and compliance
- Maintains awareness of 340B regulatory guidance, policy/rule issues and changes, and potential program changes
- In collaboration with Corporate Responsibility, assures regulatory compliance at each covered entity in the division
- Achieves positive division-level 340B Program financial results
- Communicates relevant information including program changes, risks, and improvement recommendations
- Operationalizes program improvements, expansions, and implementations
- Supports ongoing maintenance, compliance, and sustainability of the 340B Programs across the division
- Oversees the ongoing daily operations of the 340B Programs at each covered entity in the division(s) in collaboration with other division personnel and covered entity personnel.
- Develops relationships with 340B internal and external stakeholders to ensure cooperation and teamwork to optimize program. Develops and maintains relationships with contract pharmacy partners.
- Aligns the Division 340B operations with CHI-wide efforts:
- Vendor services and solutions
- Contract pharmacy relationships and management
- Operational assessments of current and prospective contracts, opportunities, and improvements
- 340B Program policies and procedures
- Efficient use of staff and resources.
- Coordinates with the CHI System 340B Operations Support Team and work groups to achieve program goals and benefits of the CHI 340B Program.
- Assigns resources to provide expertise and guidance to covered entities to ensure accurate and complete processes, policies and operating procedures.
- Assures that policies and procedures are effective and compliant with state and federal regulations related to 340B contract pharmacy operations.
Benefits Include: Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Retirement Program, Disability Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Discount Programs, Life Insurance Plans, Worker Compensation, Dress for Your Day Policy, Voluntary Benefits.
Compensation Range: $51.66 to $67.16, hourly rates, annualized.
Position is eligible for incentive pay based on company performance.
This is a key leadership job responsible for providing executive oversight and direction in support of the implementation, delivery and evaluation of high-quality and cost-effective patient care services that align with Virginia Mason Franciscan Health’s (VMFH) mission, values, goals and priorities and in accordance with standards set forth by state, federal and hospital regulatory/accreditation agencies.
As a key member of the VMFH Leadership Team, incumbent provides strategic leadership in assessing, developing and implementing initiatives encompassing LEAN-based principles to improve patient outcomes and service satisfaction of all identified customer groups, improve financial performance, maximize effective utilization of resources, and generate a sustainable competitive advantage for VMFH. Incumbent is responsible for creating an environment of innovation and creativity through transformational leadership, serving as a change agent in driving enhancements and to facilitate timely, informed and proactive positioning for health care evolution. Work involves fostering a focused culture of patient and family-centered care and service excellence designed to improve the patient experience and bring about outcomes that have a lasting and sustainable positive impact for the organization. In this capacity, incumbent will exercise the leverage, visibility and accountability to drive a mission-critical cultural change in promoting both superior experience for patients and their families, as well as a satisfying and energizing work environment for staff and medical providers.
Work also includes:
1) Leading the implementation of strategically-based initiatives, standards and programs that positively transform patient, provider and employee satisfaction and result in a competitive advantage for the organization;
2) Overseeing the development and management of operations/capital budgets for the assigned functions;
3) Evaluating organizational structure/workforce needs and modifying as necessary to meet changing priorities;
4) Overseeing the development and implementation of evidence-based standards for nursing practice, performance and management; leading quality improvement initiatives to enhance and streamline current standards, policies and procedures and take advantage of division-wide synergies;
5) Establishing and ensuring that division-wide objectives relating to consistency of standards and customer service are achieved;
6) Collaborating with key stakeholders in identifying emerging technologies and innovations with potential to optimize patient outcomes; and
7) Directing and evaluating the work of subordinate management of assigned functions.
Key contacts include VMFH/CommonSpirit Health Leadership, independent physician group leaders, community and legislative leaders and other stakeholders to ensure the continued growth of a strong health network and gain acceptance of recommendations regarding new programs, systems and policies while maintaining financial sustainability. Requires the ability to influence and persuade others to action and hold management accountable for gains and follow-through. Requires a high degree of professionalism and ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of diverse stakeholders to significantly increase the growth, visibility and reputation of VMFH.
Job duties require extensive knowledge of the specialized principles and practices related to clinical change management, performance improvement and customer satisfaction to evaluate and recommend service excellence enhancements for nursing effectiveness and efficiency. Requires knowledge of clinical operations and considerable management expertise relating to business planning, process improvement, and budget administration. Incumbent must be sufficiently knowledgeable to recognize important synergies and opportunities in clinical outcomes, nursing best practices, patient safety/satisfaction, regulatory compliance and cost containment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The following section contains representative examples of job duties and/or percentages that might be performed in positions allocated to this job class. Virginia Mason Franciscan Health is a dynamic organization, and the environment can be fluid. Roles and responsibilities may be altered to accommodate changing business conditions and objectives as well as to tap into the skills and experience of it’s employees. Accordingly, employees may be asked to perform duties that are outside the specific work that is listed. It is not required that any position perform all duties listed, so long as primary responsibilities are consistent with the work as described. Performance standards developed for incumbents allocated to this job class may also contain relevant job content information and are referenced hereto.
Provides, executive oversight of patient care delivery, to include ensuring the consistent application of evidence-based patient care policies and standards throughout the organization; oversees the establishment of evidence-based nursing standards of patient care (outcome measures), standards of nursing practice (nursing interventions) and standards of performance (performance criteria); collaborates with medical staff leadership to develop and implement new clinical systems/programs to enhance existing services, raise the standard of care for the patient population served and ensure compliance with accreditation and regulatory agency standards.
Studies trends and developments in nursing practice and integrates new techniques for patient care delivery; maintains current knowledge of professional literature in clinical nursing, leadership, disease states, and human behavior, and models of continuous teaching/learning/education.
Represents nursing and/or administration at medical staff meetings and on other hospital-wide committees and at CommonSpirit Health. Chairs Nurse Practice Council meetings and serves as a member of the Professional Affairs committee of the VMFH Board; attends Board meetings and presents nursing information and updates.
Leads and oversees through subordinate management, the programs, systems, operations and resources of the assigned functions to ensure the safe and appropriate delivery of diagnostic and therapeutic patient care, achievement of clinical core measurement scores, and that all activities are conducted in a timely and cost-effective manner and in compliance with organizational values, professional standards, internal policies/standards/procedures and applicable regulatory requirements; produces and presents reports on key performance indicators and other significant benchmarking metrics.
Provides effective VMFH strategic vision, leadership and direction in the overall management of the organization; collaborates with other Leadership Team members in the common goal of standardization, integration and enhancement of the continuum of services available within the specialty area/service line; participates in the enterprise-wide evaluation of processes and practices to determine the need for change to accommodate shifting business priorities, conditions and objectives.
Strategic Business Planning
Anticipates and recognizes the evolving factors that affect current and future needs. Leads development of strategies and initiatives to meet anticipated and future growth of clinical areas. Addresses: provision of new services, standardization of policies and practices across the organization, defining professional nurse practice; increasing market share, maximizing revenues, enhancing patient outcomes and satisfaction and others of similar complexity and consequence. Understands and ensures full optimization of available information technology to achievement of overall business objectives; directs the development of formal strategic/tactical business plans, to include both short- and long-term planning, with full accountability for achievement of plan objectives; gains Leadership Team support for recommendations and oversees project management efforts to develop and implement planning objectives.
Maintains close ties with CommonSpirit Health national and stakeholders/teams engaged planning and implementing an overarching and consolidated approach to the patient and employee experience across the enterprise.
Determines operating and capital resources needed to accomplish the business objectives of the assigned functions and leads/oversees activities and resources in a manner that is fiscally responsible and in accordance with VMFH requirements; leads/oversees the development of the annual operating/capital budget, ensuring alignment/optimization of resources towards achievement of financial goals; exercises effective cost control by monitoring and directing the adjustment of expenses as necessary to stay within budget; directs the preparation of complete and accurate financial, budget, activity and productivity information, including variance reports, financial projections and other statistical reports; keeps appropriate parties apprised of all issues with potential for budgetary/financial impact.
Ensures full compliance with internal and external legal and regulatory standards and requirements, and that effective control procedures are in place and fully functioning to preclude improprieties from occurring; monitors the effectiveness of current practices in meeting expectations and producing desired results.
Keeps abreast of changing regulatory requirements, clinical/professional standards, changing customer demographics and competitive industry practices impacting assigned functions, as well as organizational initiatives/changes with potential to impact current strategies, programs and resources; determines nature/scope of impact on existing activities and determines effective response/solution while maintaining acceptable service levels and work quality.
Performance/Quality Improvement and Service Recovery
Leads and oversees the development, implementation and evaluation of systems, initiatives and programs to facilitate quality improvements in keeping with strategic objectives and regulatory requirements. Leads the ongoing assessment of strengths and weaknesses of the assigned functions to better identify future needs, priorities and challenges; evaluates existing programs and future potential to make recommendations for growth, quality enhancement, new services and viability of existing services based on market demographics and volume projections; develops and presents comprehensive recommendations regarding the viability of specific initiatives and projects; oversees the execution of quality process improvement projects to ensure achievement of business objectives.
Ensures the timely availability of an expedited process of problem identification/analysis and service recovery for resolving escalated customer issues; collaborates with a variety of departments/stakeholders to ensure care is consistently patient-centered and focused on exceeding the expectations of patients/families.
Monitors national and local benchmarks and trends to identify how the top performing hospitals/clinics identify and maintain successful operations and outcomes.
Staff Management/Development and Succession Planning
Directs and evaluates the work of management staff in accordance with the content, spirit and intent of applicable internal/external regulations and standards for human resource management; ensures adequate management staffing levels for appropriate coverage to meet budgetary/operational objectives and that staff are qualified/properly trained to perform assigned job duties; makes succession planning recommendations and employment decisions, establishes performance standards and evaluates management staff performance; counsels/develops management staff and addresses performance management concerns and technical issues elevated by subordinates as beyond their scope of authority.
Leads the development/implementation new/revised practices and guidelines, training materials and/or general communications in support of the assigned functional area to ensure consistency with the philosophy and values of the organization and compliance with applicable regulatory/accreditation requirements; ensures that all functional activities are fully documented in accordance with the standards and practices of the organization; ensures that employees understand and apply internal guidelines appropriately.
Performs related duties as required.
The VP and Divisional Chief Information Officer (DCIO) will directly report to the SVP of Division Health Technologies. This role is the main interface between Technology & Digital (TD) and the Division Executive Team to ensure that Technology & Digital is a source of competitive advantage in their Division.
As a key member of both the Technology & Digital and Division Executive team, the DCIO will be the customer facing role and key TD interface to their Division Business Partners. This leader works in a matrix model with key national TD leaders to deliver Technology & Digital solutions that provide efficient, reliable, scalable and secure applications and processes in their Division.
The DCIO will proactively manage all activities related to delivery and operations of infrastructure, application and digital services in their hospital, ambulatory and other care sites. This individual will work in a highly matrixed structure to achieve this. They will collaborate with Division and National leaders to ensure delivery of exceptional customer experience.
- Under the direction of the CIDO and in collaboration with the SVP of Digital Health Technologies the DCIO will lead the strategy development for the Divisions top Technology & Digital needs.
- Develops, coordinates, guides and executes TD systems and operational plans, participating proactively with the division and facility management to optimize the use of technology and digital in support of the clinical/patient-focused mission and business strategy.
- Drives consumer focused integrated care by leading the development and implementation of Division initiatives that improve cost effectiveness, healthcare service quality and business development opportunities.
- Demonstrate effective financial stewardship by fostering utilization of CommonSpirit standard solutions and ensures that division solutions and initiatives are not in conflict with CommonSpirit enterprise solutions, processes, standards and policies.
- Deliver efficient, reliable, scalable, and secure TD infrastructure and applications, processes and operations required to operate, sustain and grow the business with a keen focus on managing costs.
- Partner with leadership across the Ministry to support the vision, mission, values and related business goals and objectives of CommonSpirit Health.
- Ensure seamless value delivery by evangelizing, owning and driving digital, application and infrastructure enterprise and local initiatives.
- In partnership ship with national delivery leadership the DCIO develops and maintains an appropriate organizational structure and staffing capable of supporting the business and operational needs of the facilities within the division.
- Demonstrate effective financial stewardship by developing and contributing to annual capital and operating budgets for division TD operations and the division strategic roadmap.
- Oversees the ongoing development, delivery and operations of the products and services roadmap.
- Monitors TD activities and costs related to the utilization of resources required to meet programmatic operational requirements
- Create one inspired team by proactively fostering commitment to one cohesive TD team and CommonSpirit ministry
- Create a TD culture obsessed about the consumer, experimentation, empowerment and agility while ensuring that the TD organization is keenly focused on providing an exceptional employee and consumer experience.
- Drives consumer focused integrated care by bringing the Division, Customer and Operations perspective and in partnership with TD, Digital and business partners ensure Divisional requirements are addressed in all division TD strategies.
- Proactively partners with national service delivery leaders to manage the local TD environment according to negotiated and established service levels and in accordance with enterprise standards and guidelines.
- Proactively partners with national service delivery leaders to ensure that the division and facility technology environment is continually refreshed and capable of supporting the business and health care operations.
- Ensures standardization of systems and processes within the division to maximize utilization, cost reduction and reporting.
- Ensures that enterprise Technology & Digital operate according to internal standards, external accrediting agency standards, and legal requirements. Enforces policy and procedures to ensure the protection of enterprise TD assets and the integrity, security and privacy of information. Develops and maintains a division wide business recovery plan.
- Maintains contact with TD suppliers and maintains knowledge of current technology, equipment, prices and terms of agreements to minimize the investment required to meet established service levels.
- Demonstrates effective financial stewardship by evaluatinig alternatives, performs cost benefit analysis, and recommends solutions within corporate policies and standards.
- Serves as division agent assigned to negotiate division-specific TD contracts, mediate contractual disputes and complete amendments to core agreements.
- Engage in transformation to an Agile and Product driven planning and deployment cycle which results in continuous delivery of high-quality products and services on time and within budget
The VP Oncology Clinical Service Line (VPOCSL) serves as the executive leader for the Oncology Clinical Service Line for Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center and the Texas Division of CHI St. Luke’s Health. Collaborates with the functional leaders to provide overall operational oversight and daily communication to all departments to ensure quality patient care and comprehensive health services. The VPOCSL links current actions or tactics to organizational strategies by communicating clearly, and actively broadening and developing relationships to facilitate smooth operations and standardization across campuses. The VPOCSL works to achieve strategic plan while demonstrating our values.
In addition, as Division VP of Oncology Services is responsible for the overall administration and success of Oncology Services within the Division through the implementation of strategic plans. This person is expected to meet goals in all areas of the service line, including but not limited to the quality, service, operational performance, financial management, Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies and designated accrediting bodies, leadership development, strategic planning, and market share growth of the services in alignment with the mission, vision, and values. In their Division role the VPOCSL works collaboratively with the Executive Sponsor for the Oncology CSL. Collaborates and aligns the Oncology clinical service line with support services to grow the volume, improve service, increase revenue, and control cost through process improvement and redesign. Serves as the primary liaison between the service line and physicians to align services and provide quality patient care through administrative support.
1. Identifies and explores opportunities for expanding or improving current services. Looks for ways to approach both team and organizational goals.
2. Defines and analyzes work flow and processes to improve efficiency and increase patient, physician, and associate satisfaction.
3. Routinely communicates the organizational mission, vision and goals with team members, encouraging them to take ownership and be engaged in the organization’s performance.
4. Demonstrates timely and effective communication skills in daily interaction with team members and others.
5. Seeks to proactively improve the quality of the services provided by focusing on the mission and core values of CommonSpirit Health.
6. Promotes creativity, risk taking, and synergy within the work team.
7. Incorporates the core values of CommonSpirit Health when interacting with patients, physicians, and associates.
8. Improves job performance of staff by assisting in personal and professional growth.
9. Assesses own needs in relation to the needs of the organization and develops an action plan to meet organizational and individual needs.
10. Stays current on technology, treatment modalities, market competition, industry information for assigned areas.
11. Actively builds consensus with departmental team members to achieve department and hospital-wide goals.
12. Actively builds consensus with departmental team members outside own department to achieve departmental goals.
13. Meets the compliance standards of various regulatory bodies which affect the provision of services, to include DNV/JCAHO, life safety, and other regulatory bodies.
14. Ensures that the department operates within budgetary requirements.
15. Ensures that associates and department operations comply with all hospital guidelines, policies and procedures.
16. Demonstrates understanding of issues relevant to the broader organization and health care industry.
17. Develops and justifies resource requirements and works collaboratively to fund the right priorities.
18. Allocates and manages human, financial, and material resources effectively to meet changing priorities.
19. Recognizes the interaction of variables in complex problems and anticipates the impact and consequences of decisions.
20. Makes tough decisions and builds commitment to them.
21. Delegates responsibility for problem solving and decision making to the appropriate levels and removes organizational barriers to allow others to solve problems.
22. Anticipates changing requirements for talent and formulates developmental plans accordingly.
23. Coaches, mentors and guides the development of team members.
24. Rewards and recognizes high performance of individuals and teams and creates an environment in which people thrive and accomplish their best results.
25. Achieves performance expectations that reflect his/her specific job summary, description, and responsibilities.
26. Other duties as assigned by leadership
Core Job Functions – CT Radiation Therapist
· As directed by the physician, determines positioning of the patients to ensure set-up accessibility, practicality, and reproducibility.
· Ensures set-up instructions, treatment parameters, and proper documentation for procedures performed are documented in the patient's chart.
· Ensures that relevant information is on the physician's order sheet and/or treatment prescription and that all necessary documentation is available and correct before commencing with a procedure.
· Fabricates individualized immobilization devices ensuring patient comfort and structural integrity of each device. Also aides in fabrication of other custom devices as directed by the physician, physicist or dosimetrist.
· For CT simulator -scans patients at the appropriate levels, transfers and reconstructs images as required, transfers and coordinates to laser system, and marks isocenters.
Informs and instructs patients regarding equipment and procedures to provide assurance and alleviate patient anxiety. Explains procedures to the patient at an appropriate level of understanding and answers the patient's questions within professional scope of knowledge.
Maintains active professional licensing and completes all required continuing education.
Performs quality assurance and warm-up procedures on the, CT Simulator. and ancillary equipment
· Attends weekly chart rounds.
· Practices radiation protection by conducting all technical procedures with due regard to the safety of self, co-workers, and the general public
· Prepares and administers contrast media as ordered by the radiation oncologist.
· Recognizes and practices emergency radiation protection procedures for incidents and accidents by understanding emergency procedures and implementing them when needed
· Schedules patient simulations and treatments. Handles any patient schedule conflicts or changes that need to be made.
Core Job Functions - Dosimetrist
· Obtains, evaluates and synthesizes pertinent clinical data, to facilitate external beam treatment planning. This includes but is not limited to creating virtual and/or 3D simulations and the generation of radiation dose distributions. Follows physician directives including revisions in order to achieve the intended outcome for patients in their course of treatment.
· Calculates the treatment unit setting and doses to various points of interest evaluating all variables.
· Assists physician and/or medical physicist when needed during brachytherapy planning and delivery.
· Oversees and assists in the design and fabrications of individualized immobilization, custom blocks, and other beam modifying devices as prescribes.
· Accurately documents parameters associated with the radiation therapy process.
· Communicates with other members of the healthcare team to ensure therapeutic quality and safety. Notifies the appropriate team members of changes in procedures.
· Participates in weekly chart rounds to ensure that treatment does not exceed prescribed dose or normal tissue tolerance.
· Participates in training of users of the treatment planning system.
· Maintains established hospital and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, performance improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
· Provides age specific knowledge and skills where applicable according to CHI St. Vincent personnel policies. Ability to work effectively with various cultures and ethnic groups.
Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Per Diem, Day Shift, Saint Joseph Main Hopsital, Radiation Oncology
As the flagship hospital of CHI Franciscan Health, St. Joseph Medical Center continues to be the regional leader in the use of advanced medical technologies and therapies. The 361-bed regional medical center is a level II trauma center with Level III Neonatal Intensive Care support, in partnership with Seattle Children’s Hospital. Our Inpatient OB Department offers 24/7 Neonatal Nurse Practitioner coverage for high risk deliveries, and 24/7 in-department OB Hospitalist coverage.
Our Midwifery Center features three private birthing suites with birthing tubs and two triage rooms. We are very excited to be able to offer support to women who desire a normal physiologic birth. The Midwifery Center is the first of its kind in Washington State, located on a hospital campus as a hospital outpatient center.
Our leadership team is committed to supporting the diverse populations we serve and they truly enjoy mentoring and developing staff members. We are most proud of the compassionate quality care we provide and our ability to safely offer women a wide range of options.
What We Have To Offer To You:
Our team enjoys being able to provide a wide variety of birthing options to their patients, based on patient choice and the latest research-based information.
Exciting opportunity to support opening a new Midwifery Center
Faith-based culture with commitment to our Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence where we value positive team players
12-hour shifts to support work/life balance
Tuition assistance for advanced degrees
Opportunities for career growth within the growing and highly successful CHI Franciscan Health system
Competitive wages, incentives and a generous employee benefits program
This job is responsible for facilitating emotional and informational support, comfort measures and physical coping skills related to labor, birth and immediate postpartum.
- Provides professional and compassionate care to all.
- Performs skills and completes documentation as required for the position.
- Assists with patient care as directed by the EMT or Paramedic.
- Assists with calling for Intercept with service offering ALS interventions as needed.
- Proper and legal use of radio communication.
- Completes all documentation according to standard operating procedures.
- Performs personal cares according to standard operating procedure.
- Demonstrates knowledge of location, set-up, and assistance in the use of equipment.
- Assists with coordination and preparation of transfer, when necessary.
- Maintains requirements for age-specific competencies for the position and demonstrates the knowledge or principles of growth, maturity, and development of skills necessary to complete the job functions.
- Demonstrates understanding and follows infection control policies and procedures according to standard operating procedures.
- Maintains all licensure, certification, or registration requirements specific to the position.
- Produces two-dimensional cardiac ultrasonic recordings to evaluate the anatomy and hemodynamics (blood flow) of the heart, its valves and related blood vessels as prescribed by a physician for purposes of disease diagnosis and study of malfunctioning organs. Work includes performing ultrasound procedures, stress echo's; bubble studies and contrast echo's. Incumbents perform technological functions to ensure optimal diagnostic quality of patient test results utilizing efficient and safe processes that are in keeping with department protocols and applicable regulatory requirements. An incumbent assumes responsibility for the safe, efficient and proper operation of ultrasound equipment.
- Incumbents are also accountable for; keeping abreast of FHS standards, protocols and procedures relating to the department; keeping skills current; demonstrating evidence of continuing education to include department meetings, individualized learning opportunities from physicians and related classes.
- The Non-Registered Echo Technologist is a temporary classification for employees who are not currently registered with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers at the time of hire. Employees have one year from date of hire to obtain the requisite registration.
- Prepares patients and performs ultrasound tests based on physicians’ orders and in adherence to department protocols to obtain the correct, cross sectional anatomy and detail of a requested scan area.
- Delivers patient care for all age groups while performing ultrasound exams/procedures and/or special procedures.
- Reviews and compiles clinical data in accordance with departmental deadlines for physician interpretation of echo records.
- Performs incidental general office duties to include; answering phone; scheduling; filing; maintaining patient records; ordering supplies.
Produces two-dimensional cardiac ultrasonic recordings to evaluate the anatomy and hemodynamics (blood flow) of the heart, its valves and related blood vessels as prescribed by a physician for purposes of disease diagnosis and study of malfunctioning organs.
Work includes performing ultrasound procedures, stress echo's; bubble studies and contrast echo's. Incumbents perform technological functions to ensure optimal diagnostic quality of patient test results utilizing efficient and safe processes that are in keeping with department protocols and applicable regulatory requirements. An incumbent assumes responsibility for the safe, efficient and proper operation of ultrasound equipment.
Incumbents are also accountable for; keeping abreast of FHS standards, protocols and procedures relating to the department; keeping skills current; demonstrating evidence of continuing education to include department meetings, individualized learning opportunities from physicians and related classes.
- Prepares patients and performs ultrasound tests based on physicians’ orders and in adherence to department protocols to obtain the correct, cross sectional anatomy and detail of a requested scan area.
- Delivers patient care for all age groups while performing ultrasound exams/procedures and/or special procedures.
- Reviews and compiles clinical data in accordance with departmental deadlines for physician interpretation of echo records.
- Performs incidental general office duties to include; answering phone; scheduling; filing; maintaining patient records; ordering supplies.