Clinical Research Coordinator
The Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) works with the Dignity Health Research Institute Market Clinical Research Manager (MCRM), Principal Investigators, co- and sub-investigators, clinical and ancillary departments, IRBs, and industry or government sponsors of research to plan, coordinate, implement and complete clinical trials and other research projects managed by the Dignity Health Research Institute. The incumbent independently manages all aspects of
multiple clinical trials or other research projects as assigned, including but not limited to: research participant recruitment, screening and enrollment; completion of protocol required visits and procedures; collection and reporting of data; coordination of and participation in sponsor monitoring visits or federal audits; query resolution; adverse event reporting, source documentation and research record development and maintenance; study drug accountability; specimen collection, processing and shipment. The incumbent ensures compliance of the research program and its studies with all applicable federal and state regulations, as well as
Dignity Health policy. This positon is responsible for maintaining quality standards for responsive service and professional documentation in compliance with Dignity Health policies and procedures, and federal and state laws and regulations, all which is consistent with the Mission and Values of Dignity Health. This is an exempt position that may require occasional overnight travel and weekend assignments.
Dignity Health and Sponsoring congregations are committed to furthering the healing ministry of Jesus. Resources are dedicated to: delivering compassionate, high-quality, affordable health services; serving and advocating for our sisters and brothers who are poor and disenfranchised; and collaborating with others in the community to improve the quality of life. As part of this mission Dignity Health desires to be a national leader in developing comprehensive research programs, infrastructure and resources to further our commitment to the delivery of the highest quality care and services while maintaining business integrity in all aspects of our operations.
Occasional overnight travel to investigator meetings and to Dignity Health’s operating regions, corporate headquarters, Dignity Health facilities and corporate satellite offices.
This position reports directly to the Dignity Health Research Institute Market Clinical Research Manager and will have no direct reports.
- Mission and Commitment
- Conveys an image of dignity and trustworthiness. Respects the rights, privacy and differences of others. Demonstrates advocacy for vulnerable patient populations. Connects with resources available to assist the poor and vulnerable to provide patient care. Supports the rights of patients in the daily delivery of care. Uses time effectively. Utilizes supplies appropriately and participates in recycle and re-use programs. Follows safety policies for self and patients
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Listens to others ideas, with willingness to be influenced 2) Functions well in teams 3) Gives common goals priority over individual goals 4) Relates with others in a positive manner so that maximum job results are produced. 5) Effectively uses verbal and legible written communication skills with others. This includes being able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Customer / Patient Focus
- Performs in a manner that enhances customer service 2) Demonstrates the attitude that quality can always be improved 3) Explores alternatives for doing things better.
- Standards of Conduct
- Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality 2) Consistently follows regulatory, The Joint Commission, and hospital policy requirements relating to the release or access of protected health information 3) Performs duties in compliance with applicable hospital and HR policies and procedures, such as dress code and time and attendance
- Compliance Program
- Demonstrates adherence to the Standards of Conduct 2) Independently maintains required tests, licenses, certifications, competencies, employee health (TB screening, fit testing, etc.) and other job-related qualifications 3) Fulfills compliance educational requirements as directed by the Compliance Department or department management
- Environment of Care
- Maintains and adheres to Hospital policy and procedures as it relates to: 1) General safety 2) Fire safety 3) Hazardous materials 4) Patient safety 5) Infection control 6) Security management 7) Emergency preparedness 8) Equipment management 9) Utility systems and radiation safety
Incumbents in this position shall comply with all applicable laws and rules including the Dignity Health Standards of Conduct and Dignity Health policies and procedures that apply to his/her job responsibilities, seek guidance when in doubt, promptly report any potential or suspected violation of Dignity Health Standards of Conduct, Dignity Health policy or procedure or applicable laws/regulations and when requested, assist Dignity Health personnel in investigating all allegations of violation. When called upon, the incumbent shall assist in risk evaluation and work collaboratively with facility/entity leaders to implement, monitor and mitigate risk corrective pans outlined by the Compliance program.
- Take responsibility for his/her own actions.
- Know and comply with applicable laws and rules, including applicable Federal health care program requirements, the Dignity Health Standard of Conducts and Dignity Health policies and procedures as they apply to his/her particular job responsibilities
- Seek guidance as provided in the Dignity Health Standard of Conduct and/or policies when in doubt about his/her responsibilities
- Refrain from involvement in illegal, unethical or otherwise improper acts
- Promptly report any potential or suspected violation of Dignity Health Standard of Conduct, Dignity Health policy or applicable laws or regulations
- As requested, assist Dignity Health personnel and authorized outside personnel in investigating all allegations of violations
- Meet training requirements within designated timelines assigned
- Understand and accept consequences for failure to comply with Dignity Health Standards of Conduct
Develops radiotherapy treatment and assures quality of those treatments and the machines delivering the treatments.
- Development and specifications for radiotherapy treatment and simulation equipment.
- Development of procedures for acceptance testing and continuing evaluation of radiotherapy and simulation equipment.
- Calibration and characterization of radiation from therapeutic sources and machines and their physical properties and arrangements.
- Provision of documentation that radiotherapy and simulation equipment and sources meet accreditation and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Specification, acceptance testing, management and supervision of computer systems and associated data bases used for treatment planning and calculation of treatment times or monitor units.
- Implementation and management of dosimetric and beam delivery aspects of external beam and Brach therapy irradiation.
- Provision of consultation to physicians in assuring accurate delivery of prescribed radiation dose to specific patient sand associated risk.
- Development and management of Quality Control program.
- Development/evaluation of radiation safety program, including written procedures for the protection of patients, workers, and the public.
- Protective shielding design and radiation safety surveys.
- Collecting treatment machine data required for patient dose calculations, entering such data into the treatment-planning computer.
- Acceptance testing of new radiation therapy equipment.
- Review of patient charts on a weekly basis.
- Assist dosimetrists in preparing computer treatment plans.
- Managers referrals to other medical prctices
Plan, coordinate and administer activities within assigned program areas; develop, coordinate and advise on policy related to assigned major programs.
1. Provides project management/coordination for assigned projects/events and Accountable for achieving results. 2. Utilizes established project management & program methodology in developing project tasks & deliverables 3. Thorough understanding of policies, procedures and guidelines supporting the administrative Functions of the department Manager and team 4. Assists in developing appropriate value added services/support to meet departmental needs 5. Searches and analyses data from appropriate information systems 6. Translates data into clear and concise communications and reports 7. Assists with quarterly and as needed data entry in the health system's operational database, and understands the database sufficiently to maintain the integrity of the data 8. Provides phone and scheduling support 9. Manages and Maintains large quantities of documentation and data for multiple projects across the System
Quality Specialist- Nurse Sensitive Indicators
- Develops, implements and ensures continued compliance with Nurse Sensitive Indicators (NSI) within the organization.
- Identifies and actively establishes performance improvement goals.
- Collaborates with physicians and staff to decrease mortality and length of stay.
- Collects and analyzes data to assist with documentation, clinical care and improved outcomes related to Line Days, Wound Care, Fall Prevention, Restraints and other nurse sensitive indicators.
- Familiar with NDNQI reporting.
- Actively participates in related committees and work teams
- Supports the provision of multidisciplinary care.
- Works with the Clinical Education Team to ensure delivery of training and education for the latest practice standards for nurse sensitive indicators.
- Networks across Common Spirit Health to discuss and share best practices.