Click column header to sort
Responsible for interpreting and analyzing records on a daily basis for assigned physicians. Assists other healthcare professionals regarding patient assessments in order to document patient care and facilitate delivery of healthcare services. Chart work up, patietn information retrieval and chart abstraction.
- Process requests for medical records both outgoing and incoming from multiple sources.
- Import test results into Electronic Health Record (EHR) in a timely manner.
- Field incoming calls from patients, nurses and other medical facilities and provide friendly service and support.
- Provide support in locatin gmedical records from internal and external sources as needed.
- Provide support in obtaining records from outside sources to complete chart for patient care.
- Meet quality and productivity standards as establihsed by the department.
- Analyze patient medical record for physician appointments on a daily basis. Analzye, retrieve, and scan needed HIM records in order to facilitate completeness of patient chart for patient care.
- Contact appropriate areas to obtain needed information such as Cath fils adn CD's. Use of multiple software products, including but not limited to Chartmax, Meditech, McKesson, Cerner and other systems as needed to obtain hospital information and office procedures.
- Follow established policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency of the HIM Department.
- Ability to understand various reports and place them in appropriate categories in Document Management.
- Work closely with clinical staff and Physicians to ensure clinical abstraction is complete and correct.
- Abstract data into the EHR according to established prodecure.
- Assign diagnosis codes to problems, per ICD-10 guidelines.
- Provide administration/clerical/technical support as assigned.
- Use reference material appropriately and efficiently to facilitate accuracy, clarity and completeness of reports.
- Interact effectively with physicians, nurses, other staff and patients and their family members in person and over the phone.
The Clinical Informaticist, Data Analytics reports to the Regional Director, Clinical Informatics and is responsible for working with clinical and business colleagues to analyze, design, build, test, deliver and maintain reports, dashboards and other data extracts requested. The position requires an understanding of the Cerner Millennium database, the Enterprise Data Warehouse and associated reporting tools: CCL, PowerInsight (Business Objects Webi/Rich Client, SAS). In order to be successful, the ideal candidate will be an expert in developing reports using Business Objects Webi, as well as, constructing complex SQL statements in a healthcare environment. The analyst will also be responsible for working on reported production issues in addition to contributing reporting expertise while assigned to project teams. The Clinical Informaticist, Data Analytics will work closely with clinical and revenue cycle Informaticists and report consumers across the organization. The Clinical Informaticist, Data Analytics should thrive in a client-focused environment and demonstrate dedication to implementing ‘best practices’ and systems improvements. Ideal candidate will also demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as a willingness to learn new things. Documenting business and system processes and procedures through the use of industry standard process flow and flow charting techniques is also important.
MercyOne is looking for a Coder responsible for coding and abstracting patients’ medical records for billing and statistical purposes.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for coding and abstracting patients’ records for professional billing.
- Reviews patient medical records retrospectively and concurrently for the coding and sequencing of diagnoses and procedures for reimbursement purposes.
- Interacts and assists with coding requests and questions from billers.
- Serves as a resource for difficult coding questions and assists with insurance denials for correction and re-filing.
- Makes process improvement recommendations to management as identified, specifically related to registration and charge posting.
- Performs in compliance with federal, state, insurance industry regulations.
- Follows established hospital policies concerning corporate compliance.
- Keeps abreast of insurance carrier rules and changes by participating in carrier specific and MCI education opportunities.
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
Processing credentialing and recredentialing applications accurately and in a timely manner; review files for application completion in compliance with The Joint Commission standards, NCQA standards and Medicare/Medicaid standards.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process primary verification data during the credentialing and recredentialing of providers.
- Prepare verification letters.
- Maintain database for provider credentialing and recredentialing.
- Contact medical office staffs, licensing agencies and insurance carriers to complete credentialing and recredentialing applications.
- Handle confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Support OPPE and FPPE processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the organization`s needs.
Provides technical assistance, support and guidance to users on usage of the electronic health record (EHR) system in accordance with established internal protocols and guidelines. Work focuses primarily on ensuring that assigned work sites (e.g. hospitals, clinics etc.), existing and newly-acquired, have the knowledge and understanding necessary to fully utilize system functionality to meet patient care standards and operational needs. Work includes: 1) providing direct support for providers and clinicians across the continuum of care and assisting with optimization adoption; 2) soliciting feedback, providing additional support/training and explaining/monitoring related workflow changes as necessary; 3) troubleshooting user issues and escalating more complex problems to higher-level authority in accordance with established protocols; and 4) following up regularly with department management to ensure identified issues have been resolved.
Work also includes identifying areas/issues (e.g. safety/quality of care) with potential to impact organizational conformity with community standards of care for referral to the Informatics team. Incumbents have daily contact with providers/employees with varying levels of computer sophistication. In responding to the need for support, an incumbent must listen carefully to the user, ask pertinent questions to diagnose the nature of the problem, and determine the best approach to resolve the problem. Considerable tact is required for interacting with contacts who may be experiencing frustration with use of the system.
Incumbents are responsible for maintaining current knowledge of the overall functionality of, and current workflow processes/procedures relating to EHR systems and related operations sufficient to explain significant aspects and available capabilities to users, assist user in navigating the system and to articulate common challenges and lessons learned on practical ways to overcome them. Work requires strong customer service, communication, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, as well as the ability to keep abreast of new system technologies/applications and changing organizational needs, objectives and priorities. Work requires regular travel to assigned work sites and an incumbent will be required to take call on a rotating basis.
- Rounds regularly on assigned work sites to answer questions, provide additional training, identify issues/concerns and facilitate continued integration of automated systems; resolve issues within defined scope of responsibility and in accordance with established procedures.
Serves as initial point of contact for end users when issues arise; troubleshoots workflow/process issues and common equipment issues and triages technical issues in accordance with established procedures.
3. Gathers specific information on workflows and assists with workflow development and modification; identifies issues that will need to be reviewed by the Informatics team in order to facility conformity with community standards of care.
4. Provides on-site supplemental training to providers and staff as necessary; identifies issues for referral to the Informatics and/or Training team.
5. Participates in the development and implementation of targeted support plans for struggling providers and staff; may shadow user(s) to gain a better understanding of the challenges from the user perspective.
6. Provides support to sustain and promote implementation of organizational change management (OCM) adoption tools and methodologies; provides support for acquisitions and new hires.
7. Maintains a physical presence in the unit/clinic during periods of go-live/stabilization to support staff on workflow and new processes; assists with optimization adoption efforts.
8. Works closely with the Enterprise Adoption Team, participating in the review and assessment of adoption risks/successes and in the deployment of mitigation efforts in sync with national efforts.
9. Masters all competencies and models all service standards for EHR training modules; maintains ongoing relationships with credentialed trainers to keep abreast of current on training tools, changes, alerts and tips.
10. Works closely with operations to participate in on-boarding planning for individuals and acquisitions; attends related planning meetings.
11. Brings concerns to clinic/inpatient managers or appropriate informatics department management, serving as a resource for interventions related to emergent/ongoing issues and supports an environment of proactive service recovery.
12. Collects feedback on issues/problems related to the clinic/hospital charting/documenting, ordering and or referral process.
13. Follows up regularly to ensure identified issues have been resolved.
14. Attends routine meetings/forums convened to provide additional information, discuss issues/concerns and develop address related issues and create a forum to update and interact with broad groups of managers
15. Assists with policy/procedure manual updates and revisions in MS Word, training materials using PowerPoint, process flow documents using Visio, and tracking sheets in MS Excel.
16. Participates in regularly scheduled meetings to represent assigned work unit(s) and to gather/provide feedback relating to Epic, discuss user needs and future optimization, determine priorities, address changes to workflow or current functionality and other topics of similar significance.
17. Attends meetings to discuss user needs and how best to meet them within current Epic functionality or to explore whether future optimization is warranted.
18. Provides ”Go Live” support, responsible for planning, developing and running all clinical workflow dress rehearsal’s (WDR’s) for new or acquired clinic go-live.
19. Participates in Go-Lives, community connect and EPIC Care Link support; maintains constant contact with application teams to assure up-to-date knowledge required for readiness to provide effective support as needed, including capturing patient data/documentation, routing orders/referrals/messages, closing-out patient encounters and related actions.
20. Documents and interprets common themes of end users’ EPIC support needs during support assignments to be used to address/solve common concerns, determine additional support and confirm the support given is appropriate to facilitate the adoption of the workflow to provide effective patient care.
21. Assists with issues/questions at defined support assignments and identifies correct path of escalation when needed; identifies break-fix issues versus issues to bring to analyst(s).
22. Provides guidance to providers/managers in understanding reports/metrics and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
23. Describes the metrics, KPIs, and MUs being monitored to clarify how they relate to workflow and can be used to uncover the reasons/causes for problematic results.
24. Assists providers/managers to customize reports/dashboards as needed.
25. Performs related duties as required.
Responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of an Epic training program for a respective Epic Application. Responsible for developing and maintaining training materials as well as preparing Credentialed Trainers to deliver end user training. Collaborate with other members of project and training team to assist in developing and maintaining the training program.
1. Develop and implement credentialed training programs and materials to support users of Epic applications and clinical information systems (CIS).
2. Utilize the change control process to ensure accurate development and maintenance of the training environment.
3. Translate the functionality of Epic system configuration and workflow validations into training environment development and curriculum.
4. Partner with application managers to develop detailed training materials, including workflow diagrams to ensure consistency and ability to meet training needs.
5. Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement in support of Epic training initiatives.
6. Review feedback from training programs, in order to continually modify the curriculum to better meet the changing needs; report on the effectiveness of training solutions.
7. Analyze system reports to ensure training is accomplishing desired objectives, and make recommendations for improvement.
8. Maintain knowledge and stay updated on Epic system changes and enhancements.
9. Additional duties as assigned.
Responsible for advancing clinical practice and improving patient outcomes through the effective integration and utilization of Clinical Information Systems (CIS) in the practice environment. Assist in the planning, design, build, testing, implementation, stabilization, and ongoing evaluation and optimization of clinical information systems.
1. Utilize knowledge and skills of informatics with current evidence and clinician input to determine clinical information systems and workflows best suited for end-users.
2. Advocate for the clinicians and nurses in the design, build, testing, implementation, evaluation, stabilization, optimization, and upgrading of clinical information systems: a. Assist in developing end-user requirements with the guidance of the senior staff b. Assist in identifying, developing, validating and utilizing forums to solicit input and bring end-users to appropriate content, design of screens and forms, and workflow with end-users, effectively communicating findings.
3. Assist in efforts that promote and streamline communication and continuity of clinical and operational practices during declared inter-facility system downtime.
4. Assist in the development of best practices that promote the adoption of clinical information systems into clinical practice.
5. Participate in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures related to clinical and nursing practice supported by clinical information systems.
6. Assist in developing, measuring, and analyzing metrics for efficiency and quality.
8. Assist in developing meeting agendas, coordinating content, and disseminating meeting minutes.
9. Ensure CIS is designed and consistent with professional standards of clinical practice; effectively support key clinical efforts including, but not limited to quality and or regulatory measures.
10. Analyze issues and develop recommendations with senior staff, including escalating issues as needed, completing work order requests in a timely manner and performing follow-up with the customer to ensure satisfactory resolution.
11. Assist in carrying out tasks identified in the project plan for all assigned projects.
12. Support clinicians in the usage of Clinical Information Systems in order to promote patient safety.
13. Additional duties as assigned.
Responsible for the development and evaluation of training materials for Epic applications, end-user training and oversight of training team. Onboard, develop and mentor Credentialed Trainers and Principal Trainers to ensure strong team dynamic and results oriented focus within department. Engage business owners by defining, planning, implementing and evaluating required training, to ensure a smooth change management and training plan that positively impacts departmental operations. Coordinate the transition from solution definition to training delivery.
1. Provide supervision and direction for IT and user department staff participating in Epic system implementations
2. Plan, develop, coordinate, manage, and evaluate implementation and optimization training for all trainers
3. Serve as the subject matter expert and team lead within training environment to ensure training quality and consistency across all modules.
4. Responsible for coordinating with the application and technical team leads to design and maintain a Training Environment Management Plan.
5. Participate in the preparation of application test scripts, integrated test scripts, and regression test scripts for assigned applications that meet end-users needs.
6. Report project status information to the EMR Program Support Manager, other EMR managers and project requesters on a timely basis. Communicate anticipated deviations from project estimates in a timely manner.
7. Adhere to established program and departmental policies, procedures, and technical standards. Review work of trainers for compliance and consistency with established standards.
8. Provide system analysis and technical design for ongoing training environments, as well as review new application enhancements/upgrades to ensure successful implementation.
9. Direct and supervise assigned personnel including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training. Make recommendations on employee hires, transfers, promotions, work assignments, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similar actions.
10. Develop and provide recommendations on annual budget for the areas assigned. Oversee activities and expenses to ensure financial goals are met.
11. Additional duties as assigned.
Per Diem, Day Shift, Saint Joseph Cancer Center, Tumor Registry